To celebrate the Year of the Tiger, Xfinity customers can access thousands of hours of Asian and Asian American entertainment in one curated destination through Xfinity On Demand and Flex, from February 1 through February 16.
For the second year in a row, Comcast has partnered with guest editor Lisa Ling and Gold House, the nonprofit collective of Asian and Pacific Islander cultural leaders that invests in new opportunities and celebrates historic Asian achievements, to leverage its talent and staff relationships for content recommendations to complement Asian American editorial voice on Xfinity’s video platforms. Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex customers can browse and navigate the experience with the voice remote by saying “Asian American” and “Lunar New Year” to access a wide variety of popular movies, music videos, behind-the-scenes content, and more, including:
- Movies X1 on demand like “Minari”, “Crouching Tiger & Hidden Dragon”, “Spirited Away”, “Joy Luck Club”, and “Crazy Rich Asians”.
- Featured Programming from Xumo, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Tubi, Kocowa, Anime Network, Hi-YAH!, Music Choice, GMA Pinoy, Filipino On Demand and TVK Pop.
- Recommendations from Gold House and an Asian American Artist Lisa Ling, available through Xfinity on Demand on X1 and Xfinity Stream.
- YouTube collections and selections featuring films, music, traditions and recipes.
- A unique digital wallpaper of swimming Koi Fish, which symbolizes luck, abundance and perseverance.
“We’re thrilled to celebrate the Year of the Tiger by partnering with Gold House, for the second year in a row, and bringing curated content to our Xfinity customers that showcases the best Asian and Asian American programming available,” said Keesha Boyd. , executive. Director, Multicultural Video and Entertainment, Xfinity Consumer Services.
Throughout the year, Xfinity customers can visit Xfinity’s “Asian American Film & TV” destination on Xfinity On Demand, a one-of-a-kind collection featuring hundreds of curated titles, incorporating culturally relevant content from partners such as Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video and Pandora and celebrating important cultural celebrations. For more programming information, visit Xfinity.com/AsianAmerican.